Krkonoše Photo - 1 Krkonoše Photo - 2 Krkonoše Photo - 3 Krkonoše Photo - 4 Krkonoše Photo - 5 Krkonoše Photo - 6


Chapel of St. Joseph

Print
Chapel of St. Joseph
Kaplička sv. Josefa
Masarykovo náměstí 140, 514 01 Jilemnice
Email: info@jilemnice.cz
Phone: +420 481 541 008
Web: http://www.mestojilemnice.cz
Map: View

This chapel is situated above Dolni Branna on the main road to Vrchlabi. The original chapel was built in 1294, which made it the oldest building in the town. Its appearance today dates back to the latter half of the 19th century. The latest repair was carried out in the 1960’s and 1970’s. There are five linden trees growing around the chapel that, according to a legend, were built in honour of the engagement of Crown Prince Rudolph on 10 May 1881.