Krkonoše Photo - 1 Krkonoše Photo - 2 Krkonoše Photo - 3 Krkonoše Photo - 4 Krkonoše Photo - 5 Krkonoše Photo - 6


krkonose.eu » Tourist Destinations, A to Z » Church of St. Joseph

Church of St. Joseph

Print
Church of St. Joseph
Kostel sv. Josefa Kostel sv. Josefa Socha před kostelem sv. Josefa
Dolní Dvůr 78, 543 42 Dolní Dvůr
Email: starosta@dolnidvur.cz
Phone: (00420) 499 522 376
Web: http://www.dolnidvur.cz
Map: View

Building of a church came to be considered after 1790 on the site of the iron works in Rudne Sq. when they ceased to work. However, several houses and plots of land needed to be bought and a building permit obtained. The permit was issued in 1802, assuming that the governors of Vrchlabi would provide the material, the village would provide the land and the locals would provide auxiliary works and transport of material for free. The building took place in 1802-1806 and the inauguration with a dedication to St. Joseph was carried out on 11 November 1806. Two bells were produced in 1809, the passing bell in 1830 and another bell in 1867. Unfortunately, they were confiscated during World War One to be used for war purposes. The church was built in the Neoclassical style on a rectangular single-nave floor plan with a polygonal presbytery. The interior furnishings include a high altar in the Neo-Romanesque style, two panel-type side altars with original paintings and a pulpit.