Krkonoše Photo - 1 Krkonoše Photo - 2 Krkonoše Photo - 3 Krkonoše Photo - 4 Krkonoše Photo - 5 Krkonoše Photo - 6


krkonose.eu » Tourist Destinations, A to Z » Bohuslav Martinu Concert Hall

Bohuslav Martinu Concert Hall

Print
Bohuslav Martinu Concert Hall
Koncertní síň Bohuslava Martinů
Krakonošovo náměstí 72, 541 01 Trutnov
Email: vesely@trutnov.cz
Phone: +420 499 818 245
Web: http://www.trutnov.cz
Map: View

The Bohuslav Martinu concert hall was originally established in an Evangelical church in a quiet part of Trutnov below Sibenik hill, near one of the entrances to the town park. The church was built in the Neo-Gothic style by architect Karel Rieger in 1900. It is made of fair-face brickwork and its 43 m tall octagonal spire attracts attention. The church was used until 1957. In 1980 it was reconstructed and began to be used as a concert hall for the town’s cultural events. The interior furnishings include two statues - a man and woman entitled Listening and Voice, made by renowned sculptor Olbram Zoubek. The Trutnov Autumn chamber music festival has been held in the church every year since 1981 and religious services were reintroduced in 1990.