Krkonoše Photo - 1 Krkonoše Photo - 2 Krkonoše Photo - 3 Krkonoše Photo - 4 Krkonoše Photo - 5 Krkonoše Photo - 6


krkonose.eu » Tourist Destinations, A to Z » Morzin-Cernin Chapel

Morzin-Cernin Chapel

Print
Morzin-Cernin Chapel
Zámecká kaple Černínů-Morzínů
Krkonošská 8, 543 01 Vrchlabí
Email: info@krkonose.eu
Phone: +420 499 405 744
Web: http://www.krkonose.eu
Map: View

The family of Morzin-Cernin was established through the marriage of Count Herman of Cernin and Countess Louise of Morzin in 1856. Countess Louise had a family tomb built in Vrchlabi in 1887-1890 after a project by architect Stephan Tragl. The Neo-Gothic building has a precious Neo-Gothic altar with a statue of the Pieta. The tomb is just under the chapel and Count Herman, husband of the Countess, was buried here as the first of the family in 1892, while Louise followed him 15 years later. Since the end of World War Two the chapel has been used by the Czechoslovak Hussite Church. The chapel is located on an elevated site above the chateau park, to which it was connected until recently by a wooden suspension bridge, now closed.